Welcome to

Analytix Certified Accountancy & Advisory Ltd

When You Own The Numbers, You Own The Relationship

Business Startups

Bring us your business ideas as when you own the numbers, you own the relationship

We will Help You To

  • Decide on the most suitable structure for your business - sole trader, partnership, limited liability partnership or limited company

    Prepare a business plan, cashflow projections, budgets, and trading forecasts

    Assess the finance requirements, advise on the best sources of finance and draw up the necessary proposals

    Establish a good working relationship with your bank

    Complete any registration procedures with Companies House and HMRC

    Deal with company secretarial issues

    Decide on what computer hardware to buy and help with the installation of accountancy software

    Keep on top of bookkeeping, VAT, payroll and other accounting requirements

    Help with all aspects of business compliance and administration.

Limited Company

Let Analytix choose the right route for you as choosing a right business entity is not always an easy decision

  • Check if setting up a limited company is right for you. How you set up your business depends on what sort of work you do.

    A limited company is a company ‘limited by shares’ or ‘limited by guarantee’.

    Limited by shares companies are usually businesses that make a profit.

    Limited by guarantee companies are usually ‘not for profit’.

  • You must choose a name for your business if you’re setting up a private limited company.

    Your name cannot be the same as another registered company’s name.

    Your name must usually end in either ‘Limited’ or ‘Ltd’. 

  • You must appoint a director but you do not have to appoint a company secretary.

    Your company must have at least one director.

    Directors are legally responsible for running the company and making sure company accounts and reports are properly prepared.

  • A company limited by shares must have at least one shareholder, who can be a director

    Identify people with significant control (PSC) over your company

    The price of an individual share can be any value

    When you register a company you need to provide information about the shares (known as a ‘statement of capital’)

  • You need to prepare a 'memorandum of association' and 'articles of association

  • You must keep records about the company itself

    You must keep Financial and accounting records

    You have to keep details of Directors/Shareholders

    You must also keep a register of ‘people with significant control’ (PSC)

    You must keep accounting records

    You must keep records for atleast 6 years from the end of the last company financial year.

  • You will need to register with Company house with a fee of GBP 12

    You'll need to register an official address and choose a SIC code - this identifies what your company does.

    You'll need to register for Corporation Tax with HMRC

Sole Trader

At Analytix, we offer several accountancy solutions to assist you as a sole trader

Although being a sole trader is one of the simplest ways to get started in business, there are many processes that need to be followed

  • You run your own business as an individual and are self-employed.

    You can keep all your business’s profits after you’ve paid tax on them.

    You’re personally responsible for any losses your business makes.

    You must also follow certain rules on running and naming your business.

  • You earned more than £1,000 from self-employment between the tax year 6 April to 5 April

    You need to prove you’re self-employed, for example to claim Tax-Free Childcare

    You want to make voluntary Class 2 National Insurance payments to help you qualify for benefits

  • To set up as a sole trader, you need to tell HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) that you pay tax through Self Assessment.

    You'll need to file a tax return every year.

  • Keep records of your business’s sales and expenses

    Send a Self Assessment tax return every year

    Pay Income Tax on your profits and Class 2 and Class 4 National Insurance 

    You’ll need to apply for a National Insurance number if you’re moving to the UK to set up a business.

  • You must register for VAT if your turnover is over £85,000.

    You can register voluntarily if it suits your business, for example if you sell to other VAT-registered businesses and want to reclaim the VAT.

  • As a sole trader you cannot use the following terms to describe your business :-

      Public limited company (Plc)

      Limited (Ltd)

      Limited liability partnership (LLP)


If you are venturing into a new partnership, let Analytix help you in your new venture

  • There are two types of Partnerships namely Limited Partnership and Limited Liability Partnership.

    In a partnership, you and your partner (or partners) personally share responsibility for your business.

    Partners share the business’s profits, and each partner pays tax on their share.

    A partner does not have to be an actual person. For example, a limited company counts as a ‘legal person’ and can also be a partner.

  • Choose a name

    Choose a ‘nominated partner’

    Register with HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC)

    The ‘nominated partner’ is responsible for managing the partnership’s tax returns and keeping business records.

  • You can trade under your own names, or you can choose another name for your business. You do not need to register your name

    Business partnership names must not include ‘limited’, ‘Ltd’, ‘limited liability partnership, ‘LLP’, ‘public limited company’ or ‘plc’

    You must include all the partners’ names and the business name (if you have one) on official paperwork, for example invoices and letters.

  • You must register your partnership for Self Assessment with HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) if you’re the ‘nominated partner’.

    All partners also need to send their own tax returns as individuals.

    You must register by 5 October in your business’s second tax year, or you could be charged a penalty

    You can also register the partnership using form SA400 if you cannot register online. You can register as a partner using form SA401.

    You must also register for VAT if your VAT taxable turnover is more than £85,000. You can choose to register if it’s below this, for example to reclaim VAT on business supplies.

Why Choose Analytix?

Let's Thrive Businesses Together

We’re keen to meet you and discuss all your needs to see how we can work together and be your accounting support throughout the year, not just once a year.

Our Personal Touch

Experienced Personnel

Accounting Softwares

Regular deadline reminders